Which gas appliances must be checked?

A gas safety certificate landlord (CP12) is required for installed gas appliances and fittings; gas boilers, gas fires, gas cookers/ hobs, gas supply and flues, also including LPG heaters where applicable. They do not apply to appliances owned by tenants or flues/chimneys connected to tenant’s appliances.

How often do I require a gas safety landlords certificate (CP12)?

You must ensure that a gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) is issued annually for any property that is partly/ fully tenanted.

Who carries out a Gas Safety Landlords Inspection?

Gas Safety landlords certificates (CP12’s) must be carried out by an engineer that is Gas safe Registered. The engineer must be qualified to work on specific gas appliances and gas heating systems.

How do I know if the engineer is Gas Safe Registered?

You can check this by going online and searching on gassaferegister.co.uk alternatively by checking they have a Gas Safe ID Card.

What gas safety documentation do I require?

When a gas safe engineer attends a property, they will carry out a gas safety landlords Inspection and later produce a gas safety certificate landlord (CP12). The gas safety landlords Certificate (CP12) will have on it the Gas Safe Register logo, aswell as the engineers Gas Safe number. The gas safety landlords Certificate (CP12) will also contain information such as: the gas appliances in the property and where they are located, the address, date of inspection and any defects to the gas appliances including remedial action that has been or requires undertaking.

Can the tenants be asked to take responsibility for the gas safety landlords checks?

The responsibility lies solely with the landlord or his/ her letting agent.

How (as a landlord) do I gain access to the property for gas safety certificates (CP12’s), repairs and servicing?

The lease agreement should be written to allow you as the landlord reasonable access. You should take “all reasonable steps” to ensure a gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) is carried out. This may include written letters to tenants requesting access and the reason why. If for any reason they refuse to allow an engineer to carry out the gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) you should keep all correspondence incase you ever need to prove the steps you have taken. If a tenant continues to refuse access you may need to consider court action.

Customer Reviews

Gas Safety Landlords

Customer Reviews

Bayo Adgega

Apart from my engineer running late due to traffic, my service went well and I am now waiting for my certificate, thanks for your help :)

Barbara Thompson

Good service and a brilliant company. For my location being on the edge of London is complicated for property services especially as engineers do not wish to travel that far. GSL got an engineer out the next day after booking, he was on time, completed the job nearly instantly and he was gone. I got my certificate 48 hours later and there was no complications. They say if it's too good to be true it probably is right? Not in this case! Cheers.

Michael Baldacchino

The feedback I have is only positive, the engineer was a quality chap and my gas certificate came on time after it was completed. Ill definitely consider your company shouldd I require a similar service.

isidro rotolo

Great service, professional staff and quick response time, impressive! I will be contacting you again soon.

Bruce Dennosa

Gas safety check completed by a gas safe registered engineer, which makes it a gas safe property. Thanks again.

Pal Supply

Completing my CP12 has put me at ease, knowing it needs to be renewed feels like your on a time limit before your gas appliances go crazy. But it's all done now, thanks! :)

Ashley Pickham

So relieved I spent my money on the right things. Great company and I got a great service, thank you.

Arnold Brenden

The discount provided was good, the service was even better! Thank you for your help guys.

Anya Sheifler

I was without an up to date gas certificate for my property for 2 days but you guys done the best you could and booked me in the earliest slot possible, thanks for being keen in helping me and finally completing the job.

Anthony Bug

I was politely asked to leave a review about my experience with gas safety landlords. It was without flaws, they were professional and punctual and the service was completed and passed successfully. Thanks.