In order to issue a gas safety certificate (CP12) the engineer has to undertake the following gas safety checks:

  • Gas supply
  • Gas appliances
  • Gas flues
  • Ventilation

What do Gas Safety Landlords engineers check for a gas hob/ cooker safety certificate?

  • Check appliance for gas tightness
  • Check the appliance is working at the correct gas pressure
  • Check that the ventilation provided is adequate
  • Check that all safety devices are working correctly
  • Gas Safety Landlords engineers also check the satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
  • Check flame pitcher is good- should be clear blue flame
  • Check to ensure the piping is rigid and not flexible hose (built in hobs only)
  • Check for signs of unsafe or irresponsible operation
  • Check that stability brackets are correctly installed where required (freestanding cookers only)
  • Check burner hobs
  • Check gas injectors
  • Ensure good combustion is taking place
  • Check the oven doors have a good seal (freestanding cookers only)
  • Perform any other gas safety checks as required by manufacturers instructions
  • Verify that the appliance is safe to use

An appliance can only pass all gas safety checks and have a gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) issued when the above have all been satisfactorily completed.

A gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) can be carried out for you by a Gas Safety Landlords engineer within 24- 48 hours.

To book in your gas certificate (CP12) please call Gas Safety Landlords on 0208 951 6828 | 0333 320 0451 or email us at