In order to issue a gas safety certificate (CP12) the engineer has to undertake the following gas safety checks:
- Gas supply
- Gas appliances
- Gas flues
What do Gas Safety Landlords engineers check for a gas hob/ cooker safety certificate?
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check the appliance is working at the correct gas pressure
- Check that the ventilation provided is adequate
- Check that all safety devices are working correctly
- Gas Safety Landlords engineers also check the satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check flame pitcher is good- should be clear blue flame
- Check to ensure the piping is rigid and not flexible hose (built in hobs only)
- Check for signs of unsafe or irresponsible operation
- Check that stability brackets are correctly installed where required (freestanding cookers only)
- Check burner hobs
- Check gas injectors
- Ensure good combustion is taking place
- Check the oven doors have a good seal (freestanding cookers only)
- Perform any other gas safety checks as required by manufacturers instructions
- Verify that the appliance is safe to use
An appliance can only pass all gas safety checks and have a gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) issued when the above have all been satisfactorily completed.
A gas safety landlords certificate (CP12) can be carried out for you by a Gas Safety Landlords engineer within 24- 48 hours.
To book in your gas certificate (CP12) please call Gas Safety Landlords on 0208 951 6828 | 0333 320 0451 or email us at [email protected]